Thong, Ho Quoc
Dr. Thong Q. Ho is a lecturer at the School of Economics at Ho Chi Minh City University of Economics (UEH), where he also works as a research fellow and policy engagement specialist at Environment for Development in Vietnam (EfD-Vietnam). He received his PhD in Applied Economics from the School of Economics and Finance at Queensland University of Technology, Australia, and a master's degree from the University of Hawaii at Manoa, USA . His primary research interests are efficiency and productivity analysis, the trade-off between environmental and economic performance, and the application of behavioral economics to economic and environmental issues. Dr. Ho has published several papers in, for example, the Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy, Journal of Cleaner Production, Environmental Science & Policy, Ecological Economics, Forest Policy and Economics, Environment and Development Economics and Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Impact evaluation methods Experimental economics approaches, i.e., RCT Economic performance analysis: efficiency approaches Environmental performance analysis Environmental economics
Supervised 10 masters students (graduated and ongoing). Associate supervisor of a PhD student (graduated).
Grants and consultancy
- Climate security and adaptation: government investment and farmer’s adaptation to climate change in coastal communities funded by Environment for Development Initiative, Sweden (2023 - 2024).
- Climate change adaptation and environmental impacts of shrimp farming in the Vietnam Mekong Delta funded by the Vietnam National Foundation (2021 - 2023).
- Gender and social capital perspectives towards sustainable groundwater management for coffee farming in Vietnam, funded by Environment for Development Initiative, Sweden (2021 - 2022).
- Celebrity endorsement in promoting pro-environmental behavior, funded by Environment for Development Initiative, Sweden (2019 - 2020).
- Economic analysis of sustainable coffee farming in Vietnam - a PhD dissertation grant, funded by Economy and Environment Programs for Southeast Asia (2015 - 2016)
Top 10 Lecturers of UEH AWARD 2021