Anna Nordén is a domestic associate at EfD and Assistant Professor in Economics at Jönköping International Business School (JIBS), Jönköping University. She has a Master’s (2007) and a Ph.D. (2013) in Economics from the University of Gothenburg.
Anna's research interests revolve around environmental policy and behavioral economics. Her current research areas include women empowerment in natural resource management, understanding motivations for biodiversity conservation, examining preferences and social acceptance of green policies, and studying the role of gender in ownership. She has employed various research methods such as stated preference methods, natural field experiments, and impact evaluations to investigate policy design for national parks, payment for ecosystem services, forest management, and forest certification schemes in Costa Rica and Sweden.
Anna has supervised and participated in grading committees for +30 master’s and undergraduate theses. Currently she is supervising two Ph.D. students. She is the program director of the B.Sc. International Economics and M.Sc. Applied Economics and Data Analysis programs.
Grants & Consultancy
- The Swedish Research Council (Vetenskapsrådet) research grant for the project “Money or Social Norms, what motivates biodiversity conservation? Experimental evidence and expert forecasts.”, 2021
- Expertgruppen för biståndsanalys (EBA) research grant for the project “Social acceptance of a green transition in East Africa, 2021.
- Swedish Environmental Protection Agency, Independent scientific reviewer of the environmental research grants to Ecological compensation, 2021.
- International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) Independent research reviewer in Evaluation of IIED’s Environmental Economics Programme, 2013.
- Adlerbertska Foundation research grant for the project “Sustainable Forest Management and Forest Certification in Sweden”, 2013.
- FORMAS under BiodivERsA research grant for the project “Linking biodiversity conservation and ecosystem services (CONNECT)”, an EU project with five leading universities in Europe, 2011.
- Tinker Foundation research grant for the project “Ecopayments Design Given Behavioral Responses: who gets paid, why, and how do others respond?”, 2010.
Anna actively engages in policy-related activities to contribute her expertise in environmental economics and policy as well as gender equality.
- Inclusive Green Economy in Practice program, which focuses on policy instruments for an inclusive green economy in the East African region. 2021 -
- Ownershift, a politically independent think-tank working to promote women’s ownership, aiming to increase women’s financial autonomy and opportunities to shape our society.
- Sida Minor Field Study grant for data collection in Costa Rica, 2007.
- Undergraduate scholarship from ‘Fredrika-Bremer-Förbundets Stipendiestiftelse’ and from ‘Felix Neuberghs Stiftelse’ for studies at University of Addis Abeba, Ethiopia, 2006.