Xuan, Bui Bich
Dr. Bui Bich Xuan is a teacher and a researcher at Economics Faculty, Nha Trang University. She received her Ph.D in Economics, focusing on Environmental and Resource Economics, from UiT - The Arctic University of Norway in 2017. Her research interests are Fisheries and Aquaculture Economics and Management, Marine Biodiversity Conservation, Sustainable Production and Consumption. Her current research involves studies of managing the economic conflicts in marine resource use, sustainable aquaculture management, deep-sea ecosystem services valuation, economic impacts of marine litter in fisheries, managing invasive species that are both a value and a nuisance. She has been principal investigator and researcher in both national and international projects, including NAFOSTED (National Foundation for Science and Technology Development), NORAD (The Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation), EfD (SIDA - Environmental for Development), Norwegian Research Council, and EU Horizontal 2020. She has published papers in several journals: Natural Resource Modelling, Ocean & Coastal Management, Environmental and Resource Economics, Environmental Management, Aquaculture, Aquaculture Economics and Management, Frontiers in Marine Science, Environmental Economics and Policy, Conservation Biology, Environmental Planning and Management, Ecological Economics.
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Economics and Management
- Marine Biodiversity Conservation
- Sustainable Production and Consumption
- The Best Paper Prize for the paper entitled “Fisher Preferences for Marine Litter Interventions in Vietnam”, selected for the Economy & Environment Partnership for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA) Annual Conference, 1-3 December, 2021.
- The Best Student Paper Prize for the paper entitled “Trading off Tourism and Fisheries”, selected for the International Institute of Fisheries Economics and Trade (IIFET) Conference, Washington University, Seattle, U.S, 16-20 July, 2018.