Adolfo Uribe is Industrial Engineer (PUC, Chile), and is Ph.D. in Economics from Universidad de Talca, Chile. He has an MSc. in Environmental Engineering from the University of Stuttgart, Germany. His research focuses on energy transitions and the compliance with environmental regulations. Adolfo has proven experience building collaborative relationships among scientific research, stakeholders, and policy decision-makers in the context of energy transitions in Chile.
His research focuses on two main topics. First, the impact evaluations of environmental policies on energy transitions, using quasi-experimental methods, combining primary data from the field with sensors and surveys. Second, the study of the institutional framework related to environmental compliance, enforcement, and sanctions across sectors such as mining, agroindustry, fishing, and others.
Grants and consultancy
- Proyecto Medioambiental América Latina Sostenible. Carbon footprint reporting Salesians, funded by Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, Germany (BMZ). 2022.
- Mentoring program Circular Economy and Climate Change for Fundación Innova – CORFO. 2019 - 2021.
- Climate Change Prosperity Fund Project Calculator 2050 for CO2 emission modeling, for the British Embassy and Ministry of Energy in Chile. 2015 - 2016
- Scholarship Universidad de Talca. 2018 - 2022.
- Scholarship Becas Chile CONICYT (ANID). 2013 - 2015.
- Scholarship Fundación de Ingenieros UC (FIUC). 2004 - 2011.