Babyenda Peter is an assistant lecturer in the Department of Policy and Development Economics (PDE), School of Economics, College of Business and Management Sciences. He recently submitted his Ph.D. thesis for external examination at the Department of Economics and Development Studies, University of Nairobi, Kenya. His areas of specialization are Experimental and Behavioral Analysis of both Microeconomic and Macroeconomic aspects such as Environment, Agriculture, Forestry, Inclusive growth, Climate Change Adaptation, and Welfare. Beyond these, Babyenda Peter is an enthusiast of time series, cross-section surveys and panel data analysis and interpretations. Babyenda Peter has about six peer-reviewed journal articles, policy briefs, and many newspaper articles. He has also been a member of several consulting teams including the recent ones - design of the Second National Strategy for Private Sector Development, empirical analysis of the Youth Employment Projects and their Impact in Uganda, and the Value Chain Analysis of the Beef Sub-sector in Uganda. Peter is also the current Policy Engagement Specialist (PES) for the Inclusive Green Economy (IGE) capacity-building program for senior civil servants at EfD-Mak-Centre. Peter is also coordinating a peer learning capacity program on community forest management.
- Inclusive Green Economy (IGE) Capacity Building Program (2023 – 2027), Sida financed through EfD-Global Hub at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Peer Learning Forest Management Capacity Building Program 2023, Environment for Development Initiative (EfD-Global Hub), University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Quasi-experimental Evaluation of National Forestry Authority Projects in Uganda, Grant from Environment for Development Initiative (EfD), University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Analysis of the Child Labour in Karamoja Region, 2023, United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization.
- Value Chain Analysis of Beef Subsector in Uganda, 2022, Uganda Development Cooperation.
- EfD-Mak lead Trainer of the selected governmental officials on environmental valuation. 10th July 2020 at Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda. https://efdinitiative.org/news/government-officials-trained-environmental-valuation
- Evaluation of Universal Primary Education in Uganda, 2017, National Planning Authority.