Ajaero , Chukwuedozie
Chukwuedozie Kelechukwu Ajaero is a Senior Research Fellow at Resource and Environmental Policy Research Centre (REPRC) EfD-Nigeria. He is Professor of Population Geography and the Deputy Provost of the College of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN). He was a Postdoctoral Fellow and Visiting Scholar with the Demography and Population Studies Programme of the University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa.
Ajaero’s areas of research include migration and livelihood studies, displacements and socioecological conflicts, human trafficking, public health, health policy and quality of life, and population-environment linkages.
Chair 5 master's and more than twenty five undergraduate theses. Participated in committees of over 30+ theses, including 18 Ph.Ds in Population Geography, Environmental Management, and other areas of Geography
Grants and consultancy
- European Research Agency (REA) of the European Union funded grant on GAPs De-centering the Study of Migrant Returns and Readmission Policies in Europe and Beyond (2022-2015).
- DFID-Funded grant on CHoRUS – Community-led Responsive and Effective Urban Health Systems (2020 – 2026).
- Environment for Development (EfD) Initiative Sweden Grant for the Project Gender analysis of vulnerability to flood risk in farming and fishing communities of Kogi State, Nigeria (2020-2022).
- QR GCRF/Research England Completed grant on SINC-Urban – How Socially Inclusive are Sustainable Urban Development in Nigeria and Vietnam? (2019 –2020)
- Training, Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant for the 2023 Population and Housing Census of the National Population Commission of Nigeria, 2022 –Present
- UNESCO Consultant for the Assessment of the impact of COVID-19 in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education Institutions in Nigeria, 2021
- UNICEF Training consultant for the Follow-up Workshop on Social Protection Floor (SPF) Costing Tool for Government functionaries of Enugu and Cross River States of Nigeria, 2021.
- UNICEF Training consultant for the Workshop on Social Protection Floor (SPF) Costing Tool for Government functionaries of Enugu and Cross River States of Nigeria, 2021.
- UNESCO Training Consultant for the Brainstorming and Capacity Building Session on “Strengthening the Capacity of Associations and Organizations Working with Persons living with Disabilities to better Engage and Deliver in their Mandate” organized by UNESCO Multisectoral Office, Abuja at United Nations House, Abuja, 2021.
- Social Impact Assessment Consultant to Ambah Projects International Limited Warri, Delta State for the Environmental Impact Evaluation Study (EES) for the Eremor Field Development Project OML 46 in Peretorugbene Community of Bayelsa State, 2022
- Erasmus+ Mobility Staff Mobility for Training, 2023
- Visiting Scholar, African Pathways Programme (APP/BRICS) Teaching and Research Mobility Grant Fellowship, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2018
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Demography and Population Studies Programme, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2015-2017