After two years of virtual meetings, the EfD Annual Meeting returned in a hybrid format. Hosted by the EfD center at Makerere University with support from the Global Hub, the EfD Annual Meeting was held in Uganda on September 22–26, 2022.
From 2007 until 2019 the EfD Annual Meeting has evolved to become one of the largest and most vibrant conferences in the Global South on the application of environmental and resource economics.
The conference had a combination of scientific and policy keynotes with thematic parallel sessions and workshops.
The opening session on Thursday, September 22 at 13.45 (EAT) included remarks by:
- H.E. Maria Håkansson, Ambassador of Sweden to Uganda
- Mr. Mafumbo Julius - Assistant Commissioner, Ministry of Water and Environment
- Prof. Barnabas Nawangwe, VC Makerere University
- Dr. Edward Bbaale, Director of EfD-Mak Centre
- Gunnar Köhlin, Director EfD
Annual Meeting Downloads