EfD, the Environment for Development Initiative, has become a leading global network for economists working on environment in developing countries with centers in Central America, Chile, China, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa, Sweden,Tanzania, and the US (RFF). In addition, EfD has partners all over the world. Every year the EfD network meets for an annual meeting with keynotes, research presentations and ample opportunities to interact with like-minded researchers and practitioners. This year we meet in Shanghai, November 6- 8, and for the first time our academic meeting is open to a broader group of academics. Keynote speakers are leading economists Richard Morgenstern (Resources for the Future), E. Somanathan (Indian Statistical Institute) and Martine Visser (University of Cape Town). More details can be found in the attached call.
Shanghai Marriott Hotel Changfeng Park
No.158, Da Du He Road, Shanghai, China
The EfD annual meeting is a forum to bring together researchers from EfD centers, their collaborators and other key stakeholders to exchange research ideas, and discuss research proposals and results from EfD projects.
In 2015, the annual meeting will be held in Shanghai, China and is organized by the Environmental Economics Program in China (EEPC), National School of Development at Peking University, together with the EfD Secretariat at the University of Gothenburg.
Contact and Participation
Questions related to local arrangements can be directed to EEPC@nsd.pku.edu.cn. Invited guests who are presenting EfD funded research papers and proposals are financially supported. Other guests have to cover their own expenses. If you are interested in EfD and would like to attend the annual meeting, or if you have queries related to the workshop, contact Susanna Olai, EfD Program Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). Questions related to research paper presentations can be directed to Amie Svärd, EfD Research Officer (email@example.com).
- Jintao Xu, Director, EEPC, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yibo Wang, Conference Secretariat, EEPC, email@example.com
- Ping Qin, Deputy Director EEPC, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yong Zhang, Associate Prof. East China Normal University, email@example.com
- Thomas Sterner, Chair of EfD Research Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gunnar Köhlin, EfD Director, email@example.com
- Susanna Olai, EfD Interim Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yonas Alem, EfD Research Director, email@example.com
- Daniel Ternald, EfD Research Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Po-Ts'an Goh, EfD Project Administrator, email@example.com