The Environment for Development Initiative (EfD) is arranging a pre-conference workshop for women in Environmental Economics, ahead of the 6th World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists (WCERE) 2018 in Gothenburg. The purpose is to support and encourage women pursuing careers in the domain of EfD, that is environmental economics applied to policy questions in developing countries, especially in countries with EfD centers.
EfD and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) will provide travel grants for up to 20 women to take part in the workshop and the WCERE conference. Applicants with an accepted paper at the WCERE conference will be given priority.
The workshop will be held June 23-25, 2018 in Gothenburg, Sweden, prior to the WCERE conference on June 25-29, 2018. Workshop leaders include Pamela Jagger, Erin Sills and Jo Albers. To apply, please submit your application via the WCERE website http://www.eaere.org/form/travel-grant-2018.
1. Current CV of max 2 pages.
2. Title, list of authors of paper submitted to WCERE 2018 (if submitted).
3. A brief statement of your research interests, your topic of work and why you would like to take part in the workshop.
4. A short motivation on why you would like to take part in the workshop and what challenges women in academia face in your country.
5. Description of prior involvement (if any) with CEEPA, EEPSEA, LACEEP, SANDEE, or EfD.
6. Two references (name, title, workplace, email and phone number only).
Deadline for application: 28 February 2018 23:59 PST.
Longer term, EfD aims to increase diversity in research by supporting and encouraging women in the early stages of their careers to continue and become leaders in academia and other research institutions. This workshop is just the first step toward establishing a platform to offer support and mentorship, and to discuss and identify obstacles and solutions.
For questions about the workshop, please contact EfD program manager Susanna Olai (firstname.lastname@example.org).