The Resource and Environmental Policy Research Centre (REPRC) was established by the University of Nigeria Nsukka (www.unn.edu.ng) to advance interdisciplinary research, capacity building, and policy advocacy on the different dimensions of environmental and resource economics.
The objectives of the Resource and Environmental Policy Research Centre are to:
- undertake research in environment, agriculture, natural resources, climate and sustainable development themes to facilitate evidence-based policymaking targeting poverty reduction and sustainable development;
- conduct training and mentorship programmes for postgraduate students, early career researchers and other members of the larger society;
- provide opportunities for members of the Centre and other researchers within the University of Nigeria, in particular, and Nigeria in general, to engage in international research collaborations on subjects that cross-cut environment, agriculture, natural resources, and climate change issues;
- create a forum for agenda-setting in critical resource and environmental policy issues in Nigeria through collaborative engagement with academics, policymakers, and civil society organisations;
- share research results, support, host and/or participate in academic events and engage in policy dialogue with government and other stakeholders to facilitate implementation of relevant environment and development policies.
The REPRC is the Environment for Development (EfD) initiative Centre in Nigeria, and an agreement governs the relationship with the Environment Economics Unit in Gothenburg.