- central america | Parks & Wildlife Policy design The effects of national parks on local communities’ wages and employment in Costa Rica Despite of the clear global environmental benefits of increasing the amount of protected areas, how these conservation policies affect the well being of individuals in nearby localities is still under debate. Using household surveys with highly disaggregated geographic reference, this study explores how national parks have affected wages and unemployment in Costa Rica for the period 2000-2007.
- central america | Policy design Essays on the Political Economy of Transport Regulation in Costa Rica The general objective of the thesis is to analyze the political economy of the regulation of Costa Rica’s transport sector and identify the main opportunities and challenges in designing a more integrated regulatory approach for the sector.
- central america | Parks & Wildlife Policy design Conservation Polices and Labor Markets: Unraveling the Effects of National Parks on Local Wages in Costa Rica The parks’ entrance location and the possibility of agricultural workers to switch to service activities can be important tools to take advantage of the economic benefits of parks.
- central america eeu sweden | Parks & Wildlife ‘Contribute! You can make a difference!’ A nature field experiment and a choice experiment of the payment system of voluntary contribution. Evidence from Cahuita National Park in Costa Rica. Ida Hellmark och Anna Nordén, 2008, ‘Contribute! You can make a difference!’ A nature field experiment and a choice experiment of the payment system of voluntary contribution. Evidence from Cahuita National Park in Costa Rica. MSc Thesis, Department of Economics, University of Gothenburg.
- EfD in Central America
- Researchers & Staff
- Policy Interaction
- News & Press
- Academic Program
- En ESPAÑOL: EfD América Central
Subscribe to our Newsletter service
Join or share