For full text versions of peer reviewed publications, please contact the EfD author by e-mail.
- central america eeu sweden | Policy design Conditional Cash Transfers and Payments for Environmental Services-A Conceptual Framework for Explaining and Judging Differences in Outcomes We develop a conceptual framework elucidating the main determinants of the impact of Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) and Payments for Environmental Services (PES) programs. Persson,Martin and Francisco Alpizar.2012."Conditional Cash Transfers and Payments for Environmental Services—-A Conceptual Framework for Explaining and Judging Differences in Outcomes." World Development Vol. xx, No. x, pp. xxx–xxx.
- central america | Agriculture Does eco-certification have environmental benefits? Organic coffee in Costa Rica We analyze the environmental impacts of organic coffee certification in central Costa Rica. We use propensity score matching to control for self-selection bias. Organic certification reduces chemical input use. Organic certification increases adoption of environmentally friendly practices. Blackman, Allen and Maria A. Naranjo. 2012., “Does Eco-Certification Have Environmental Benefits? Organic Coffee in Costa Rica”. Ecological Economics, Volume 83, November 2012, Pages 60–68
- central america Environmental and development issues in Latin America: moving forward This special issue of Environment and Development Economics presents a small sample of four research papers on these latter topics by researchers in established academic institutions in the region. Alpizar, Francisco and Juan-Pablo Montero. 2011. Environmental and Development Issues in Latin America-Moving Forward. Environment and Development Economics, Vol.16:3, pp.243-245.
- central america Are they watching you and does it matter-Field Experimental Evidence In this paper, we discuss a natural field experiment that tested whether being alone or in a group has an effect on prosocial behavior as expressed in donations to a recreational park. The study also explored whether the presence of people exogenous to the group or individual at the time of the donation has any behavioral effect. Alpizar, Francisco and Peter Martinsson (2013). Are they watching you and does it matter-Field Experimental Evidence. Forthcoming in Scandinavian Journal of Economics
- EfD in Central America
- Researchers & Staff
- Policy Interaction
- News & Press
- Academic Program
- En ESPAÑOL: EfD América Central
Subscribe to our Newsletter service
Join or share